What if I’ve been in an accident and the other party has no insurance?

Were You Hit by an Uninsured or Underinsured Driver?

Uninsured motorist (UM) coverage in your own auto insurance policy covers your costs from an accident caused by another driver — one who is uninsured, underinsured or cannot be found.

Many people do not fully understand the provisions in their policy. It is not uncommon for an insurance company to deny a legitimate claim. At Black, Chapman, Petersen & Stevens we work to see that our clients get the help they need to get the compensation they have a right to. We frequently challenge auto insurance companies when our clients’ claims are denied or undervalued.

By coordinating all available provisions within your policies, including your uninsured motorist insurance and your health insurance, our accident attorneys will work to see that you recover the maximum possible benefits from your claim. If you lost a family member in a fatal car accident, our lawyers will work to get you the help needed to carry on.

About Oregon UM Law

In the state of Oregon, any car insurance policy must offer uninsured motorist (UM) coverage. Unless you rejected UM coverage in writing, your auto insurance policy should have a minimum amount of coverage for an uninsured/underinsured motorist.

Making the Most of Your Coverage

Our lawyers recommend that you carefully consider an increase of your UM coverage to the maximum amount possible. If a member of your family suffers severe injuries, the basic medical benefit in your automobile insurance policy may quickly be exhausted and may not provide adequate coverage.

Uninsured motorist coverage may apply even if you or a member of your household is riding in another car when injured, or is injured in a pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle or hit-and-run accident. It may also apply to any person driving your insured vehicle with your permission.

If you’ve been in a car accident with and uninsured driver, call us before making a statement or signing any settlement form. Before you make a statement to an insurance company representative or sign any type of settlement agreement, contact us to arrange a free confidential consultation with an attorney regarding your car accident injury.

Call Toll-Free 800-525-2099 for a FREE CONSULTATION

Don’t delay. Contact our law firm today to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. Call our main office toll free 800-525-2099. From offices in Medford, Grants Pass, Klamath Falls, Bandon and Yreka, our attorneys serve clients throughout Oregon and Northern California.


Medford, Oregon Personal Injury Attorneys at the Law Offices of Black, Chapman, Petersen & Stevens represent clients throughout Oregon and Northern California, including but not limited to the residents of Jackson County, Josephine County, Klamath County, Coos County, Curry County, Douglas County, Lane County, Deschutes County, Lake County, Del Norte County, Siskiyou County, Modoc County, Humbolt County, Trinity County, Shasta County and Lassen County. If you or a loved one has been injured contact our uninsured motorist accident attorney today.


If you have a personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability, elder or nursing home abuse, or sexual abuse case, please contact Black, Chapman, Petersen & Stevens by filling out the form below. The consultation is free and we only receive compensation if we obtain benefits for you.


Contact Us