Vehicle Rollover Accidents
If you or a loved one have been injured or killed as the direct result of a vehicle rolling over, there is a significant probability that the vehicle itself may be to blame. In order, to prove that a design flaw or manufacturing defect(s) led to the crash, you will need an experienced attorney. You can count on the vehicle rollover accident attorneys of Black, Chapman, Petersen & Stevens to successfully make the case for you.
Now, while any motor vehicle can flip and roll under the right, or wrong conditions, the majority of rollover injuries and fatalities actually occur to the drivers and their occupants of sport utility vehicles(SUV). In 2008, more than 2,800 people were killed in America in SUV rollovers, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- SUVs and pickup trucks are the most likely to be involved in fatal rollover accidents. In 2008, SUVs accounted for about 33 percent of fatal crashes, pickup trucks for 27 percent as compared to 16 percent for passenger cars.
- The majority of injuries occur after the SUV leaves the road.
What Makes SUV’s So Dangerous?
- Most SUVs have a proportionally shorter wheel base in comparison to the height of the vehicle, making them very top-heavy. In addition, accident avoidance maneuvers such as swerving or collisions can cause the sport utility vehicle to flip.
- Many injuries and deaths in a SUV rollover occur when the roof collapses. This is a major design defect.
- Rolling SUVs frequently travel into the path of oncoming traffic, injuring other motorists
If our lawyers determine that a defect caused the crash, we will issue a demand letter to the car manufacturer and their insurance company that outlines the financial needs of the client, including ongoing medical care. If the company won’t settle, our trial lawyers will take the case to trial, seeking potential damages for medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering and more.
Call us before making a statement or signing any settlement form. Before you make a statement to an insurance company representative or sign any type of settlement agreement, contact us to arrange a free confidential consultation with an attorney regarding your SUV or truck rollover accident injury.
Call Toll-Free 800-525-2099 for a FREE CONSULTATION
Don’t delay. Contact our law firm today to arrange a free consultation and case evaluation. Call our main office toll free 800-525-2099 . From offices in Medford, Grants Pass, Klamath Falls, Bandon and Yreka, our attorneys serve clients throughout Oregon and Northern California.
Oregon Personal Injury Attorneys at the Law Offices of Black, Chapman, Petersen & Stevens represent clients throughout Oregon and Northern California, including but not limited to the residents of Jackson County, Josephine County, Klamath County, Coos County, Curry County, Douglas County, Lane County, Deschutes County, Lake County, Del Norte County, Siskiyou County, Modoc County, Humbolt County, Trinity County, Shasta County and Lassen County. If you or a loved one has been injured contact our SUV and truck rollover accident attorney today.